What You Need to Make Chocolate Covered Pretzels:
(print these instructions)
1 Pretzel rods
2 White chocolate chips
3 Microwave-safe bowl
5 Cookie sheet
6 Parchment or wax paper
7 Optional: Food coloring, sprinkles, small candies (for coloring your chocolate and decorating your pretzels)
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and melt the chocolate in the microwave – one minute at a time – until the chocolate is smooth. Take the bowl out of the microwave and stir after each minute. Use the oven mitts when taking the bowl out of the microwave.
- If you would like your chocolate to be a color, add the food coloring once the chocolate is melted.
- Using a spatula, spread the chocolate on the pretzels, one at a time. Twist the rod to let the excess chocolate drip off.
- Cover a cookie sheet with a piece of wax or parchment paper. Lay the chocolate covered pretzels on it. If you like, decorate pretzels with candies and sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.
- Place pretzels in refrigerator until the chocolate is set. Yum yum! Enjoy your sweet treats!!