With fall in full swing, there are changes in wardrobes, sports teams and our skin. As a result it’s the perfect time for DIY fall face masks. Especially since we’re more worried now about little dry flakes from cool breezes and chapped lips and have to adjust how we treat our skin accordingly.
So you can DIY a fall face mask. It’s perfect for fighting the weather and you’ll find most ingredients right in the refrigerator or your pantry. In addition making and applying them is a perfect way to spend some quality girl time with your bffs! Our only advice is to tell your mom or dad if you’re taking the last scoop of something in case it’s needed for dinner prep tonight!
DIY Fall Face Mask: Green Tea and Yogurt Mask
The green tea in this recipe calms, the yogurt tones and the cornstarch is fab to tighten. As a result, this combination is perf for fall skin.
1 tablespoon green tea, brewed
1 tablespoon plain yogurt
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Mix all of the ingredients together, setting aside the extra Green Tea for you to drink later–it’s the best antioxidant ever!
- Because a chill alone will instantly wake up tired skin, chill the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes to get it nice and cool.
- Wash your face and pat dry.
- Apply mixture and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse.
DIY Fall Face Mask: Oatmeal, Mint, Cucumber Mask
When your face starts to get super dry, this moisturizing mask will get it feeling dewy and glowing again pronto. Plus it smells ah-mazing!
1/4 cup cooked organic oatmeal
2 fresh organic mint leaves
2 tablespoons peeled, seeded and chopped organic cucumber
- Combine ingredients using a food processor. Then wash your face and pat dry.
- Apply mask and let sit on skin for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse.
DIY Fall Face Mask: Orange Juice/Brown Sugar Mask
Fall skin often equals dry skin. Consequently, the brown sugar in this mask gently exfoliates and brightens your skin to get you looking so sweet and so good.
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Then, wash face and pat dry.
- Apply mask to clean skin, making upward gentle circular motions as you apply to exfoliate and enhance collagen production. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and enjoy your tight, fresh and dewy complexion. Repeat once a week for a month to get maximum results!